Breaking News
Loading...

RC Makonda And Drug War: The Thin Line Between Right And Wrong

Share on Google Plus


When I first heard the bold announcement from RC Makonda about the latest activation of the war against drugs, I tweeted a Kudos to him. I was happy (and part of me still is) that he had decided to take out the garbage. Someone has to do it. The sheer logic of the idea was convincing. In my Tweet, however, I had cautioned about the legal implications that could follow. Without details, I sensed something was wrong. It turned out; I was on the right side of the spectrum. Not everything was cotton candy.

The way I envision it at first hearing was that RC Makonda was looking for a trail. If you want to catch the suppliers (the larger side of the problem), you can start with users, right? That is a basic appreciation of reality. As I have indicated above, it didn’t take long before I began swimming against the tide. Foremost, I  was getting confused and crazily furious with naming and shaming agenda. Right away, something started to sound and look like a rough, school-yard element of justice.

To me, that was creating vulnerability to the city and himself. An almost clear defamation lawsuit was approaching the door steps. As great as it sounded to have him put his shoulder on the wheel, his actions were likely to cause a turbulence on air. The simple notion of innocent till proven guilty escaped through City Hall windows at speed of light. In the eyes of public courts, these fellas were as guilty as sin. Smear campaign?  Yes, the drug business has made us behave like an animal in a cage, who even if the door opened, wouldn’t dare move. Nonetheless, you have to be certain that your movement wouldn’t make you fall over the ridge. A coldly perfect world.

Obviously, the RC’s agenda was far different from what I had in mind. He lives in a silent movie. Knowing his words had the power to wound, he should have taken time and caution to bring out the heavy artillery. He cared less. It was about to get worse. The drama, intended or unintended, was on. The alleged users went in for questioning. They went bare handed like good citizens. They saw no need of getting legal company. Some of them never saw the weekend. At the drop of a hat, it turned out to be not a case of mere interrogations or helping the law to catch the big fish but an actual full fledged accusation.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Like us on Facebook

MICHEZO

Blog Archive